Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Søren Hjarlvig <sh...@bluewhale.dk> on 2008/10/20 17:12:03 UTC

Multiple spoolmanagers on James 2.3.1

Hi,

I have a memory-consuming mailet and I need to limit the number of
threads running it (without limiting the overall though-put for
non-matching mails).

Stefano describes the problem in this post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/server-dev@james.apache.org/msg04063.html

Does anyone know if the proposed solution is available in James 2.3.1 ?

I have tried adding a "dedicatedspoolmanager"-block to config.xml, but
when I start James I get the following error:

There is no coresponding Block or Listener for configuration data in
element "dedicatedspoolmanager".
If anyone could provide a working example it would be great.

Thank you and best regards

Soeren

Re: Multiple spoolmanagers on James 2.3.1

Posted by Søren Hjarlvig <sh...@bluewhale.dk>.
I turned out I had forgot to add the extra spoolmanager to assembly.xml.
However, it seems that the multiple spoolmanagers patch never was
committed, since the ToSpoolRepository-mailet and the modifications to
JamesSpoolManager are missing from the 2.3.1 source.

Soren

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Søren Hjarlvig ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have a memory-consuming mailet and I need to limit the number of
> threads running it (without limiting the overall though-put for
> non-matching mails).
>
> Stefano describes the problem in this post:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/server-dev@james.apache.org/msg04063.html
>
> Does anyone know if the proposed solution is available in James 2.3.1 ?

I'm using multiple spools in james 2.3 since 2 years.

> I have tried adding a "dedicatedspoolmanager"-block to config.xml, but
> when I start James I get the following error:
>
> There is no coresponding Block or Listener for configuration data in
> element "dedicatedspoolmanager".
> If anyone could provide a working example it would be great.

Make sure you update your assembly.xml too.
You'll have to copy the spoolmanager block definition and name it
"dedicatedspoolmanager".

Stefano