Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2011/10/26 15:07:26 UTC

Note sent out to legacy marketing lists

I've sent out an invitation note to the legacy openoffice.org
marketing lists, inviting them to join the new ooo-marketing list.  I
did this only for the English-language lists.  But in the top 100
lists are several NL marketing lists, in German and Dutch.  Although I
could send them a note as well, in English, it would probably be best
if we had volunteers who could engage and assist these lists in their
own language.

I think Manfred already has a German translation of the intro post.
Can anyone translate it into Dutch as well?

The post is here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Email+Migration+Post

Thanks!

-Rob

Re: Note sent out to legacy marketing lists

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Graham Lauder <yo...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, October 27, 2011 02:07:26 AM Rob Weir wrote:
>> I've sent out an invitation note to the legacy openoffice.org
>> marketing lists, inviting them to join the new ooo-marketing list.  I
>> did this only for the English-language lists.  But in the top 100
>> lists are several NL marketing lists, in German and Dutch.  Although I
>> could send them a note as well, in English, it would probably be best
>> if we had volunteers who could engage and assist these lists in their
>> own language.
>>
>> I think Manfred already has a German translation of the intro post.
>> Can anyone translate it into Dutch as well?
>>
>> The post is here:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Email+Migration+Post
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Rob
>
> Probably best to send it to the NLC dev list: dev@native-lang.openoffice.org
> that is probably the best catchall.  All the leads of the NL projects are
> subscribed to that list.

Thanks, I just sent a note there as well.  Are there any other list
like that, which might not show up on my table of of most active
lists, but are critical "nerve centers" of the project?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Mailing+lists

-Rob

Posted by Graham Lauder <yo...@openoffice.org>.