Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Abhinav Bhatnagar <Ab...@infosys.com> on 2005/07/07 16:18:54 UTC

IE Globe issue

Hi All,

I have a strange issue in my struts application. When I go from one page
to the second page by clicking over a link, the IE globe (on the top
right hand corner) moves for a moment, then stops rotating (user still
on page1) and after a few seconds the second page loads.

This leads the user to believe that the click didn't happen even though
the call is still executing.

On closer examination I found that call is made to the Action class of
the submitting page and till the moment it reaches a "return
mapping.findforward(xxx) ,  the globe moves. But after that it stops and
then of course the next page is loaded, there is a gap of time for which
globe didn't move and the user was on page 1.

I tried searching on the net and found this :
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=276578

" Internet Explorer Globe Stops Rotating Before Page with Frames Is
Fully Loaded "

But I don't have any frames on my html page.

Please let me know if anybody has any idea about this.

Thanks and regards,

Abhinav