Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Jarrell, Andy" <An...@signalscape.com> on 2006/08/04 21:06:52 UTC

svn:external local file link

I've have searched the mailing list without finding anything related to
my question so forgive me if I'm repeating an often requestion feature.

Is there a way (or any plan) to have an svn:external link to a
non-repository?  E.g, svn:external
file://networkshare//bighonkindirectory.

I need the ability to link in a network share (networked directory
tree).  This directory tree is an existing code library that will not be
changing.  I could add it to its own repository, but it is used by other
non Subversion projects and I'd prefer not to duplicate it.  Is there a
way to do this?  This is a Windows environment so svn:special isn't an
option.

Andy

Re: scplugin - OSX

Posted by Rob Brandt <br...@csd-bes.net>.
I saw one, but I haven't tested it.  Google "scplugin intel"

Re: scplugin - OSX

Posted by Brian Krusic <br...@krusic.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

I mean the latest being v381.

Bri-

Re: scplugin - OSX

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

scplugin - OSX

Posted by Brian Krusic <br...@krusic.com>.
Hi,

Re: svn:external local file link

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.
Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Aug 4, 2006, at 23:06, Jarrell, Andy wrote:
>
>> I've have searched the mailing list without finding anything
>> related to
>> my question so forgive me if I'm repeating an often requestion
>> feature.
>>
>> Is there a way (or any plan) to have an svn:external link to a
>> non-repository?  E.g, svn:external
>> file://networkshare//bighonkindirectory.
>>
>> I need the ability to link in a network share (networked directory
>> tree).  This directory tree is an existing code library that will
>> not be
>> changing.  I could add it to its own repository, but it is used by
>> other
>> non Subversion projects and I'd prefer not to duplicate it.  Is
>> there a
>> way to do this?  This is a Windows environment so svn:special isn't
>> an option.
>
> Interesting idea. I've never heard of any such possibility in
> Subversion.

Welcome to Makefile's. It should be easy to script a "make update" that does
the right thing.

Re: svn:external local file link

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.