Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Dolf Smits <do...@zonnet.nl> on 2003/07/10 19:22:25 UTC

Newbie questions: JmeterUtils.getResString / auth manager for LDAP

Hello all,

I'm quit new to this list, but i used Jmeter for some time, and was
experimenting a bit with the ldap sampler.
I want to build some enhancements to this sampler, but do have some
problems.

The simple problem:
The original aurhor is using the command
"JMeterUtils.getResString("add_test")" . As I understand, this reads some
value form a file where the key equals add_test. I want to add some tests,
but cannot find where the information that should be read is coming from.

Which file do i need to change?

The more complex question.
I want to add an auth manager, like for http. So my testplan can contain 1
authenticaton step, several searches, modifys etc, and than 1 closing step.

It seems that http and jdbc both have some feature like this.
Which one is the easiest to adept?
can anyone help me a bit in the right direction to what files to borrow and
change, and how to implement this in the ldap sampler?

(I'll be leaving for a holiday next week, but will continu the work as soon
as i'm back again)

Thanks a lot for any help,

Dolf Smits

Re: Newbie questions: JmeterUtils.getResString / auth manager for LDAP

Posted by Elanjchezhiyan <ch...@siptech.co.in>.
Hi Smits,

Dolf Smits wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I'm quit new to this list, but i used Jmeter for some time, and was
>experimenting a bit with the ldap sampler.
>I want to build some enhancements to this sampler, but do have some
>problems.
>
>The simple problem:
>The original aurhor is using the command
>"JMeterUtils.getResString("add_test")" . As I understand, this reads some
>value form a file where the key equals add_test. I want to add some tests,
>but cannot find where the information that should be read is coming from.

This "JMeterUtils.getResString("add_test")"  is taking from
 org/apache/jmeter/core/resource/*.properties.

>Which file do i need to change?

Change this files.
messages_ja.properties
messages.properties
messages_de.properties
messages_no.properties

>The more complex question.
>I want to add an auth manager, like for http. So my testplan can contain 1
>authenticaton step, several searches, modifys etc, and than 1 closing step.
>
>It seems that http and jdbc both have some feature like this.
>Which one is the easiest to adept?
>can anyone help me a bit in the right direction to what files to borrow and
>change, and how to implement this in the ldap sampler?
>
>(I'll be leaving for a holiday next week, but will continu the work as soon
>as i'm back again)
>
>Thanks a lot for any help,
>
>Dolf Smits

Elan