Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Raymond Penners <ra...@duologix.nl> on 2001/11/13 13:24:29 UTC

Table header "continued" extension: what about footer?

Hi,

I have hacked together a FOP extension using which I am able to place a
label "Continued" next to the header whenever a table spans more than
one page. So far so good.

However, the continuation heading was only part of the problem. One
other issue is to place a "continued" label below each table, whenever
it is split up, like this:

[My table heading]
Table body...
body body body
(continued)                       (!)
--8<--8<--8<--8<-- (page break)
[My table heading (continued)]
body body body...
body body.

I don't see how I can solve this by writing an extension. The reason is
that whenever myextension.layout() is invoked, I do not have sufficient
information to determine whether or not to print the (continued) in the
footer. For the header I have all required information, as it is
possible to check how often layout() is invoked. If it is not the first
invocation, just add a "Continued". But for the footer, I am at loss.

Any suggestions?
--
Raymond Penners