Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl> on 2006/08/04 15:52:41 UTC

RE: Do not raise exception when you can prevent it (was Re: svncommit: r428677)

Please note that some source implementations don't return a correct
answer. For example, the SitemapSource (for cocoon://) always returns
true when asking for exists(), see:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-core/src/main/j
ava/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/SitemapSource.java

I don't know about other source implementations, but this one caused me
some trouble...

Bart.

Re: Do not raise exception when you can prevent it (was Re: svncommit: r428677)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Bart Molenkamp wrote:
> [...]

Ahhh... thanks for the heads up. This might be why the original Forrest
conf moudle was written with Try...catch blocks. We should bear this in
mind if a problem with the modified code arises.

Ross