Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ra...@cognizant.com on 2013/02/15 15:51:54 UTC

Camel as unified communication engine

We are planning to use Camel as a core component for a unified communication engine we are planning to build. Please let us know of any existing work in the space. Basically, from various enterprise system endpoints, we have to take messages and route them to various communication endpoints (as of now, email, sms, social, mobile, web). The solution needs to be highly scalable and cloud friendly.

Is there anyone who has already built a solution like this?

Regards
Ram

Enterprise Architect , Manufacturing Logistics Energy and Utilities - United Kingdom
Technology Consulting Group
Tel : 9840108852 Vnet : 470839
Cognizant
www.cognizant.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: Camel as unified communication engine

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ram,

> Is there anyone who has already built a solution like this?

Sounds like a pretty common requirements for the Camel-based solution
:)  Camel deployed on the ServiceMix should suit you more than well.

If you would like to consult any particular aspect of your system,
feel free to ask here as well. We would be happy to assist :) .

> have to take messages and route them to various communication endpoints (as of now, email, sms, social, mobile, web)

If support many endpoints [1] of the box, probably all you need. If
you miss support for the particular technology, you can always create
Jira [2] ticket for it.

Best regards.

[1] http://camel.apache.org/components.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL