Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Preston Marshall <pr...@synergyeoc.com> on 2011/04/06 04:37:42 UTC

Synonym-time Reindexing Issues

Hello all, I am having an issue with Solr and the SynonymFilterFactory.  I am using a library to interface with Solr called "sunspot."  I realize that is not what this list is for, but I believe this may be an issue with Solr, not the library (plus the lib author doesn't know the answer).  I am using the SynonymFilterFactory in my index-time analyzer, and it works great.  My only problem is when it comes to changing the synonyms file.  I would expect to be able to edit the file, run a reindex (this is through the library), and have the new synonyms function when the reindex is complete.  Unfortunately this is not the case, as changing the synonyms file doesn't actually affect the search results.  What DOES work is deleting the existing index, and starting from scratch.  This is unacceptable for my usage though, because I need the old index to remain online while the new one is being built, so there is no downtime.

Here's my schema in case anyone needs it: https://gist.github.com/88f8fb763e99abe4d5b8

Thanks,
Preston