Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marco Westermann <mw...@intersales.de> on 2009/08/18 17:09:41 UTC

dynamic changes to schema

Hi there,

is there a possibility to change the solr-schema over php dynamically.
The web-application I want to index at the moment has the feature to add
fields to entitys and you can tell this fields that they are searchable.
To realize this with solr the schema has to change when a searchable
field is added or removed.

Any suggestions,

Thanks a lot,

Marco Westermann

--
++ Business-Software aus einer Hand ++
++ Internet, Warenwirtschaft, Linux, Virtualisierung ++

interSales AG Internet Commerce
Subbelrather Str. 247
50825 Köln

Tel  02 21 - 27 90 50
Fax  02 21 - 27 90 517
Mail info@intersales.de
Mail mw@intersales.de
Web  www.intersales.de

Handelsregister Köln HR B 30904
Ust.-Id.: DE199672015
Finanzamt Köln-Nord. UstID: nicht vergeben
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Michael Morgenstern
Vorstand: Andrej Radonic, Peter Zander

Re: dynamic changes to schema

Posted by Constantijn Visinescu <ba...@gmail.com>.
There's that or you can just change the user entered "my_author" field into
"my_author_customattribute" in code after the user has entered it and add a
*_customattribute to your schema.

you'd have to add the postfix in code also at querytime and off you go.

Constantijn

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marco Westermann <mw...@intersales.de>.

Posted by Constantijn Visinescu <ba...@gmail.com>.
huh? I think I lost you :)

Posted by Marco Westermann <mw...@intersales.de>.
hi,

thanks for the advise but the problem with dynamic fields is, that i
cannot restrict how the user calls the field in the application. So
there isn't a pattern I can use. But I thought about using mulitvalued

Posted by Constantijn Visinescu <ba...@gmail.com>.
use a dynamic field ?