Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Se...@london.sema.slb.com> on 2003/12/17 18:14:48 UTC

Proposal: change the sample timestamp to be the start of the sa mple

As the subject says, really.

At present, the time in JTL files (and the sampleresult) is the ending
time-stamp.
I think most people expect it to be the start of the sample, rather than the
end.

Are there any objections to doing this?
[I'm happy to do the work.]

If there are no objections here, I'll copy jmeter-user before proceeding.

--
Sebastian Bazley

Re: Proposal: change the sample timestamp to be the start of the sa mple

Posted by Keith Lancaster <kl...@swbell.net>.
Good timing on this. I am working on a problem where the start time is
needed, and was getting ready to work on massaging the data or writing a
patch to change the behaviour.  I would therefore definately support
this change. (I know I don't get a vote yet, but I think the protocol is
to say "I give this a +" :-).

Keith Lancaster