Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Teruhiko Kurosaka <Ku...@basistech.com> on 2010/03/15 21:27:14 UTC

Solr doesn't pick up the updated .xsl file. Where does it keep the cache?

I have been seeing strange phenomena.

I've written a HTML form that calls Solr like this:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=Basis&df=text&wt=xslt&tr=btdemo.xsl

It works.  But when I change the contents of
solr/conf/xslt/btdemo.xsl
and restart solr, it still show the behavior of
the older version of btdemo.xsl.  I have to
restart the computer to get the new behavior.

I've already tweaked the value of xsltCacheLifetimeSeconds
in solrconfi.xml and it is currently set to 0.

I've grepped inside the solr directory and /tmp and /var/tmp
for the files that have names similar to "btdemo" but
I couldn't find any.  Where does Solr keeps the cache
of XSLT files?

I'm running Solr 1.4.0 on MacOS 10.6.2.

----
Teruhiko "Kuro" Kurosaka

Re: Solr doesn't pick up the updated .xsl file. Where does it keep the cache?

Posted by Teruhiko Kurosaka <Ku...@basistech.com>.
Additional info:
When I changed the query term, Solr did use the updated XSL file.
I suspected that the firefox browser was doing its own caching
but the request log did show it is sending requests to Solr
even when the get URL is the same as previous one.  So there
must be some caching going on at jetty level, perhaps.

On Mar 15, 2010, at 1:27 PM, Teruhiko Kurosaka wrote:

> I have been seeing strange phenomena.
>
> I've written a HTML form that calls Solr like this:
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=Basis&df=text&wt=xslt&tr=btdemo.xsl
>
> It works.  But when I change the contents of
> solr/conf/xslt/btdemo.xsl
> and restart solr, it still show the behavior of
> the older version of btdemo.xsl.  I have to
> restart the computer to get the new behavior.
>
> I've already tweaked the value of xsltCacheLifetimeSeconds
> in solrconfi.xml and it is currently set to 0.
>
> I've grepped inside the solr directory and /tmp and /var/tmp
> for the files that have names similar to "btdemo" but
> I couldn't find any.  Where does Solr keeps the cache
> of XSLT files?
>
> I'm running Solr 1.4.0 on MacOS 10.6.2.
>
> ----
> Teruhiko "Kuro" Kurosaka