Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Fernández <af...@tid.es> on 2001/02/12 18:09:34 UTC

Re: *** Generated Tomcat Temporary Class File Name SeemTooLong. .. Yes ***

John, don't get jumpy. This is not one of your flame wars.

GNU's Not Unix. Apache's not GNU. The Apache Group is not GNU. And the GPL (Gnu Public License) is not the Apache License.

I was just trying to educate you: not all free software is GNU. There are several public licenses available around, and the Apache License is one of the less restrictive ones -- while the GPL explicitly prohibits several uses. I don't have anything against the GPL, and in fact like the FSF and their work; but Tomcat belongs to the Apache Group.

Cheers,

Alex.