Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by "Muthukumar Somasundaram (ETS)" <mu...@hcl.com> on 2014/09/18 09:43:35 UTC

Cluster config .

Hi

I am planning to build a Cassandra cluster.

I have downloaded community version of Cassandra (windows) and trying to make it a cluster.

As a first step I have changed the IP address in Cassandra.yalm file (seeds value ) from 127.0.0.1 to actual IP .eg. 10.130.12.44  since I have add the ip address of all nodes in cluster. I am yet to add the ip of another node yet. But the service start up failed with below error.

- seeds: "10.130.12.44"

Post performing this change I tried to the start the service. Am I moving in correct direction. Please advise.

Error Message :

INFO [main] 2014-09-18 12:50:32,102 CassandraDaemon.java (line 135) Logging initialized
  INFO [main] 2014-09-18 12:50:32,211 YamlConfigurationLoader.java (line 76) Loading settings from file:/C:/Program%20Files/DataStax%20Community/apache-cassandra/conf/cassandra.yaml
 ERROR [main] 2014-09-18 12:50:32,757 DatabaseDescriptor.java (line 116) Fatal configuration error
 org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException: Invalid yaml
	at org.apache.cassandra.config.YamlConfigurationLoader.loadConfig(YamlConfigurationLoader.java:100)
	at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.loadConfig(DatabaseDescriptor.java:135)
	at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.<clinit>(DatabaseDescriptor.java:111)
	at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:156)
	at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.activate(CassandraDaemon.java:496)
	at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:585)
Caused by: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config; exception=Cannot create property=seed_provider for JavaBean=org.apache.cassandra.config.Config@5e47b1b9; No suitable constructor with 2 arguments found for class org.apache.cassandra.config.SeedProviderDef
 in 'reader', line 8, column 1:
    cluster_name: 'Test Cluster'
    ^

	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructYamlObject.construct(Constructor.java:333)
	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructObject(BaseConstructor.java:182)
	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructDocument(BaseConstructor.java:141)
	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:127)
	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:481)
	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadAs(Yaml.java:475)
	at org.apache.cassandra.config.YamlConfigurationLoader.loadConfig(YamlConfigurationLoader.java:93)
	... 5 more
Caused by: org.yaml.snakeyaml.error.YAMLException: Cannot create property=seed_provider for JavaBean=org.apache.cassandra.config.Config@5e47b1b9; No suitable constructor with 2 arguments found for class org.apache.cassandra.config.SeedProviderDef
	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructMapping.constructJavaBean2ndStep(Constructor.java:299)
	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructMapping.construct(Constructor.java:189)
	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructYamlObject.construct(Constructor.java:331)
	... 11 more
Caused by: org.yaml.snakeyaml.error.YAMLException: No suitable constructor with 2 arguments found for class org.apache.cassandra.config.SeedProviderDef
	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructSequence.construct(Constructor.java:573)
	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructObject(BaseConstructor.java:182)
	at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructMapping.constructJavaBean2ndStep(Constructor.java:296)
	... 13 more

Regards
Muthukumar.S

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: Cluster config .

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.
mailing list is for development of Cassandra itself.

Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>