Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/16 01:35:16 UTC

Tapestry 3.1 and T-Deli components

Hi guys,

Have you had any experience with the components located on T-Deli
(www.t-deli.com)? Does it make sense to make some of them or components
similar to them to be a part of 3.1? I am refering particularly to the For,
If, and Else components, but I think the others may make sense to be a part
of the distribution as well. The FormLinkRenderer will probably be of use
once properties go into the URL, for example.

What do you think?

Re: Tapestry 3.1 and T-Deli components

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I have tried to model the existing components as closely as possible. The
IActionListener parameter is a feature of ListEdit, and hence I have added
it in to maintain compatibility. I personally do not mind removing it since
I have not used it, but I suspect it has been used by others. What do people
think, does this need to be removed?

Also, the components by default figure out whether they are in a form or not
and alter their behaviour accordingly. If they are in a form, Hidden fields
will be generated automatically. The 'formless' parameter is simply a way to
turn this off -- if it is set to 'true', For will not generate Hidden fields
even if it is in a form. In other words, it will simply behave as a Foreach.
I think such a parameter is essential in some cases.

Finally note that the parameters like 'templateTag' are really private and
should actually be removed from the documentation. They are filled in by the
framework, not by the user.

I hope this clears things up a bit...

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.

Posted by Robert Zeigler <rd...@u.arizona.edu>.
I use these all the time, and would love to see them included in the
standard distribution.

Robert Zeigler