Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Robin Verlangen <ro...@us2.nl> on 2012/10/29 13:38:00 UTC

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask

Hi there,

Since today our Hive jobs suddenly fail (nothing changed actually). The end
looks like this:

*MapReduce Total cumulative CPU time: 38 minutes 31 seconds 260 msec*
*Ended Job = job_201210291304_0015*
*rmr: DEPRECATED: Please use 'rm -r' instead.*
*Deleted /user/hive/warehouse/mydatabase.db/mytable*
*Failed with exception null*
*FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask*
*MapReduce Jobs Launched:*
*Job 0: Map: 196  Reduce: 3   Cumulative CPU: 2311.26 sec   HDFS Read: 0
HDFS Write: 0 SUCCESS*
*Total MapReduce CPU Time Spent: 38 minutes 31 seconds 260 msec*

Does anyone have a clue how to resolve this?

Best regards,

Robin Verlangen
*Software engineer*
*
*
W http://www.robinverlangen.nl
E robin@us2.nl

<http://goo.gl/Lt7BC>

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are reminded that
the information remains the property of the sender. You must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
irrevocably delete this message and any copies.

Re: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask

Posted by Robin Verlangen <ro...@us2.nl>.
Thank you for pointing me to the /tmp/root/hive.log, forgot about that one.
The problem was caused by:

*Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Binary logging not possible. Message:
Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode
'STATEMENT'*

This happened because of enabling mysql binlog for replication. Didn't know
that could co-relate to hive. Just disabled it for now. Thank you all for
your time.

Best regards,

Robin Verlangen
*Software engineer*
*
*

Posted by Shreepadma Venugopalan <sh...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Robin,

Posted by Chen Song <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
Chen Song

Re: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask

Posted by Robin Verlangen <ro...@us2.nl>.

Posted by Robin Verlangen <ro...@us2.nl>.
Hi Chen,

Posted by Chen Song <ch...@gmail.com>.