Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Neza Guillaine <gn...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/26 07:44:44 UTC

how to read contents of a PDF files

Hi,
My name is Jael Neza,
I would like to develop a small project that will be able to upload PDF
files, read them, parse them in a text and send the texts in the database,
so that It may retrieve those later and display them in a jsp.
I need a help in knowing how to read contents of the PDF file in java using
PDFBox
any help would be highly appreciated

Thanks.
--
*
______________________

  NEZA Guillaine

  Software Developer
  (+250)782864317

 _______________________

*

Re: how to read contents of a PDF files

Posted by Thomas Chojecki <in...@rayman2200.de>.
Am 26.03.2013 07:44, schrieb Neza Guillaine:
> Hi,
> My name is Jael Neza,

Hi Jael,
welcome to the mailing list. Don't forget to subscribe to the list to
ensure to get all answers to your post, see [1] for further details.

> I would like to develop a small project that will be able to upload
> PDF
> files, read them, parse them in a text and send the texts in the
> database,
> so that It may retrieve those later and display them in a jsp.
> I need a help in knowing how to read contents of the PDF file in java
> using
> PDFBox
> any help would be highly appreciated

Did you take a look at the example at [2]? This example use the class
PDFTextStripper.

> Thanks.

Best regards
Thomas