Posted to ecs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2003/07/12 11:19:07 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] ECS 1.4.2 Released

The ECS team is pleased to announce the Final release of ECS 1.4.2 from
Apache. This is a maintenance and bugfix release.

Jakarta ECS is a mature Java API used to generate markup code. For more
information on see the ECS web site
(http://jakarta.apache.org/ecs/index.html).

Both source (http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi) and binary
(http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi) distributions are available
through the usual Apache mirror sites.  Please remember to verify the
signatures of the distribution using the keys found on the main Apache web
site (http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/ecs/KEYS) when downloading from a
mirror.

Robert

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] ECS 1.4.2 Released

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 06:49 AM, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:00:43 +0100
> robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Also, the "copyright 1999-2002" -> "copyright 1999-2003", it seems.
>>> (robert, did you use the jakarta-site2 module when building the ecs
>>> website?)
>
>> yep. ecs is mature and stuff doesn't get used much. when i came to try to
>> use the build script, it'd no longer generate the documentation. so i
>> used
>> the jakarta-site2 module. i will try to find time to fix the script but
>> seem to be busting a gut doing infrastructure work for the pmc at the
>> moment.
>
> I see, thank you very much for the explanations.
>
> The Jakarta Project has 22 subprojects and each have own build systems,
> so I wondered how we could make it more systematic.
> (And I did not have much knowledge on the daedalus account...)

the policy at jakarta has always been to delegate as much as possible to
each sub-project. so to have a common build system this means persuading
each sub-project to adopt it. one of the aims of maven was to provide a
means to achieve this. if every sub-project adopted maven and maven
achieved it's long term goals, then it would provide such a system.

sam has managed to gain acceptance for a minimal set of build actions for
use with gump. if you're interested in the documentation side of builds
(rather than building the source) maybe jakarta alexandria might be a good
place to ask these kinds of questions.

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:00:43 +0100
robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > Also, the "copyright 1999-2002" -> "copyright 1999-2003", it seems.
> > (robert, did you use the jakarta-site2 module when building the ecs
> > website?)

> yep. ecs is mature and stuff doesn't get used much. when i came to try to
> use the build script, it'd no longer generate the documentation. so i used
> the jakarta-site2 module. i will try to find time to fix the script but i
> seem to be busting a gut doing infrastructure work for the pmc at the
> moment.

I see, thank you very much for the explanations.

The Jakarta Project has 22 subprojects and each have own build systems,
so I wondered how we could make it more systematic.
(And I did not have much knowledge on the daedalus account...)

The information above gave me a lot insights into this. Again, thank you
Robert!

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org) --  AIM# tkitahata

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] ECS 1.4.2 Released

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Ack'ed

Also, the "copyright 1999-2002" -> "copyright 1999-2003", it seems.
(robert, did you use the jakarta-site2 module when building the ecs
website?)

Thank you robert.

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:56:55 +0100
(Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] ECS 1.4.2 Released)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
thanks for the catch!

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Congrats! ECS development team!

BTW, it seems that ECS website still point the
binindex.html and source.html, doesn't it?

why not change them to binindex.cgi and sourceindex.cgi?

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:19:07 +0100
(Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] ECS 1.4.2 Released)