Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Bothne <RB...@SpeakEasy.net> on 2001/01/28 19:10:46 UTC

Problem with "bean" tag library on WebLogic 6

Howdy,
I'm very new to struts, and been using the 0.5. I downloaded the nightly
build last night: jakarta-struts-20010127.zip and began fallowing the
tutorial at bluestone.com.

I have this simple hello.jsp:

<%@ page language="java" %>
<!--Import the taglib -->
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
<!--Now use the tag to display the message -->
<bean:message key="hello.message" />

Weblogic gives me this compile error:

Parsing of JSP File '/hello.jsp' failed:
----
 /hello.jsp(3): Error in using tag library uri='bean'
prefix='/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld': The Tag class
'org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.DefineTag' has no setter method corresponding
to TLD declared attribute 'toscope', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)
probably occurred due to an error in /hello.jsp line 3:
<%@ taglib prefix="bean" uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" %>
----
Sun Jan 28 00:44:17 PST 2001

I have struts.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory and all of the .tld files in
WEB-INF. It appears to be complaining about the setter setToScope(). It
seems to be looking for setToscope() or something else. Is setToScope() new?

Thanks for any help,

Richard
RBothne@Xporta.com