Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Li Jin <yu...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/05 02:41:11 UTC

Re: Question about per server data upper limit.

Thanks replay.that is to say. there is no hard limit about ts' data, the
more data just inc the time of start up, and we need more resource, such as
tablets,tserver's thread count,file descriptor
count. may be the upper limit is not ts, but something others.
by the way, we test data is more than 6T per ts, and it's work well now.
qps is more than 50w . kudu 1.4.0 have do many optimize, include the
recommend the upper limit of ts data per ts 8T . we are continue to test
util the data reaches 8T or more. it's interesting.
our machine configure and kudu version:
32 cpu  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2682 v4 @ 2.50GHz   128G memory 6*16T hdd
for data and 3T for wal. kudu 1.4.0  5 master + 5 tserver.
if more interesting things happened, I will replay here.
thanks again.

Re: Question about per server data upper limit.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Li Jin for reporting back your experiences!

Kudu 1.5 also has more improvements for data density, so if you want to try
testing the Kudu 1.5.0 RC3 release candidate in your environment, that
would be great.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon