Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2006/11/29 16:00:10 UTC

10.2.2 release schedule

I would like to propose a release schedule for 10.2.2. The focus of this
release will be to expose compiled versions of Derby's JDBC4 drivers.
The release will also expose a handful of bug fixes which have
accumulated in the 10.2 branch. Due to this limited focus, I hope that
we can vet this release in a week. Here are dates which make sense to me:

Friday December 8 - 10.2.2 release candidate posts and voting begins
Friday December 15 - Polls close

Please let me know if this schedule seems too aggressive or needs other
adjustments.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: 10.2.2 release schedule

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> On 11/29/06, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks! I will re-wire the javadoc and dust-up the release notes. Other
>> than those bits, I think we're in pretty good shape.
>
> Might be nice to take care of DERBY-1919 while you're in there:

> andrew
Thanks, Andrew. I'll put this on my list of odd bits for 10.2.2.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: Re: 10.2.2 release schedule

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: 10.2.2 release schedule

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>
>> I would like to propose a release schedule for 10.2.2. The focus of this
>> release will be to expose compiled versions of Derby's JDBC4 drivers.
>> The release will also expose a handful of bug fixes which have
>> accumulated in the 10.2 branch. Due to this limited focus, I hope that
>> we can vet this release in a week. Here are dates which make sense to me:
>>
>> Friday December 8 - 10.2.2 release candidate posts and voting begins
>> Friday December 15 - Polls close
>>
>> Please let me know if this schedule seems too aggressive or needs other
>> adjustments.
>>

> great! Does this mean that Java 6 has now been released and is generally
> available?

Hi Jean,

Almost. I'm cautiously optimistic that Java 6 will be released next
week--I haven't heard of any problems.

Re: 10.2.2 release schedule

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.