Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jon Watte <jw...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/02 20:14:29 UTC

Re: Scale question

> Yow... I've never tried something like that, but given enough switching

and horsepower, it's worth a try.

Thanks for your answer! Yeah, let's just slap it into production and see how
it goes, huh? :-)

I may set up some Amazon ECC experiment at some percentage of scale to see
how it goes, though.

The reason I'm asking is that I *know* I can write something that works like
this if I write it custom (and use some ad-hoc wire protocol), but why write
something custom with no standards or community, if something that exists
could do it already?
On the other hand, if nothing that exists can do it, well, I still need to
satisfy that kind of requirement somehow...

Also, if anyone else on the list is back from the holidays and have some
experience or theories, I'd appreciate any feedback!

Sincerely,

jw

--
Americans might object: there is no way we would sacrifice our living
standards for the benefit of people in the rest of the world. Nevertheless,

Re: Scale question

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
make sure to also set ulimit appropriately.

Carl.