Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ju...@t-systems.com on 2003/10/16 15:16:36 UTC

AW: Integrating cocoon with Struts

Hello Ravi,

I had the same situation in my scenario. My workflow was the following one:

1.	Submit JSP
2.	Call Action
3.	Get Data from eJB
4.	Transform Data to XML
5.	Serialize XML to Webapp directory
6.	Forward the request to the serialized XML. But manipulate the request first. Instead of test.xml request a file test.pdf/html
7.	This forward was captured by cocoon and transformed to pdf, html, ....

All configuration work I did, was to configure cocoon to transform and be responseible of the directory with the serialized xml-files. If someone requests a file from this folder, cocoon will be activated and runs his transformations.

So my integration of struts and cocoon is running over the traditional file-integration scanario.

Greetings from Stuttgart,
Juraj