Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jamie Lawrence <ja...@jal.org> on 2004/11/29 21:37:31 UTC

Redhat ES3 options

Hi all,

I need to get the svn client on a new RH ES3 machine.

The managed hosting facility with the machine prefers source RPM
compliles/installs. As best I can tell, this would require me to
install Apache 2.0.48, upgrade BDB, and probably some other changes.
(At least, that's what I'm taking away from
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-08/0417.shtml .) They really don't
that idea.

I can probably go with prebuilt RPMs, if there are any that out there
that install cleanly on a mostly stock ES3 install, but can't find any.

Alternately, I can just build it completely outside of package
management, but that is everyone's least favorite option.

Am I missing anything that would change those conclusions? I don't
object to building svn; I'm just trying to keep everyone happy.

-j

--
Jamie Lawrence                                        jal@jal.org
I have noticed that the people who are late are often so much jollier

Re: Redhat ES3 options

Posted by Steve Greenland <st...@lsli.com>.
On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 04:37:31PM -0500, Jamie Lawrence wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to get the svn client on a new RH ES3 machine.

If all you need is a client (i.e. it's only going to talk to a remote
archive via http, svnserver, or svn+ssh), then you can build w/o apache
or BDB present. You might need to throw in a --without-berkely-db on the
../configure invocation.

Steve

--
"Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything! I'll ask
about Exchange Server next.

Re: Redhat ES3 options

Posted by Julien TOUCHE <ju...@lycos.com>.
Kevin Tucker a écrit :
> I used the package at this link on a stock ES3 machine:
> http://people.redhat.com/jorton/Taroon-svn/

anybody knows one with perl bindings ?

thanks
Regards

		Julien

Re: Redhat ES3 options

Posted by Jamie Lawrence <ja...@jal.org>.
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Kevin Tucker wrote:

> I used the package at this link on a stock ES3 machine:
> http://people.redhat.com/jorton/Taroon-svn/

Thanks for the pointer! I hadn't found that before. It will hold me
until I come up with a better setup.

-j

--
Jamie Lawrence                                        jal@jal.org