Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2003/01/23 15:07:27 UTC

RE: Memory Mgmt Tomcat

Howdy,
The reason no one answered your original question is because it's kind
of ridiculous ;)  I don't mean that in an offensive way.  I do mean:

- Java has its own garbage collector.  Tomcat doesn't need to implement
its own.  There is much information on this topic on java.sun.com and
other general java forums.
- Many many many threads have gone on this list regarding garbage
collection and how to tune for it.  Search the list archives for more
details.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

RE: Memory Mgmt Tomcat

Posted by Rommel Sharma <ro...@cisco.com>.
Thanks! Thats the lead I was looking for...