Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> on 2013/11/04 02:55:35 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 2

Hello,

This is the second candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.8.0.   The only
change to this release candidate from the last is that this builds against
Java 6 as expected.

Release Notes for the 0.8.0 release
http://people.apache.org/~joestein/kafka-0.8.0-candidate2/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Thursday November, 7th, 6pm PDT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/trunk/KEYS in addition to
the md5 and sha1 checksum

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://people.apache.org/~joestein/kafka-0.8.0-candidate2/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon prior to release:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

(i.e. in sbt land this can be added to the build.sbt to use Kafka
resolvers += "Apache Staging" at "
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/"
libraryDependencies += "org.apache.kafka" % "kafka_2.10" % "0.8.0"
)

* The tag to be voted upon (off the 0.8 branch) is the 0.8.0 tag
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=bcbe8de95131259dd9167ffcfbfe0a798b5ec2d2

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 2

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
The DISCLAIMER as a whole is not valid anymore and should just be removed
IMHO (unless there are objections) since it is 100% about incubation.

I will throw my -1 down on RC2 and shucks, what would a release be without
at least three release candidates (better than nine I always say)

Ok, so VOTE is CANCELLED and I will fix the issues Joel brought up, all
good points and easy fixes and worth doing now, thanks!!!

For the DISCLAIMER I think we should remove the file entirely

I should be able to prepare RC3 tomorrow baring zombies, aliens or other
unforeseen issues coming up

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
+ 1. Verified quickstart and unit tests.

Thanks,
Neha

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.