Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Martin Kalén <d9...@nada.kth.se> on 2001/02/13 06:38:38 UTC

Compilier warnings in RefHashTableOf.c

Hi all!

I was wondering about the compiler warnings in RefHashTableOf.c, which
seems to be platform and compiler independent. Is it possible to avoid
the use of the generic pointer in C (void*) to reference elements for
deletion in the hash table? Anybody got a patch for this?

gcc only complains about void* not being pointer to object, but aCC on
HP-UX 11 has more "aggressive" warnings:

[quote on]
Error (future) 251: "include/util/RefHashTableOf.c", line 198 # An
object cannot be deleted using a pointer of type 'void *' since the
type of the object allocated is unknown. Either delete the object
using the allocated type or call operator delete directly.
                    delete curElem->fData;
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Error (future) 251: "include/util/RefHashTableOf.c", line 250 # An
object cannot be deleted using a pointer of type 'void *' since the
type of the object allocated is unknown. Either delete the object
using the allocated type or call operator delete directly.
                delete newBucket->fData;
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Error (future) 251: "include/util/RefHashTableOf.c", line 339 # An
object cannot be deleted using a pointer of type 'void *' since the
type of the object allocated is unknown. Either delete the object
using the allocated type or call operator delete directly.
                    delete curElem->fData;
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Warning:        3 future errors were detected and ignored. Add a '+p'
option to detect and fix them before they become fatal errors in a
future release. Behavior of this ill-formed program is not guaranteed
to match that of a well-formed program
[quote off]

I have not really looked at the source for this issue, and have no
opinion about ill- or well-formed program... :) But it would be nice
to get rid of the warnings.

Regards,
 Martin.
--
Martin Kalen
Software Engineer

parsing xml from a buffer

Posted by Ryan Koss <rk...@acmepacket.com>.
Hi all,

I am new to the list so sorry if I am asking a question that has already
been answered but I can only look at the messages that have been sent in
Feburary for an answer and I didn't find anything.

So here it goes.  I have a xml document that is in a buffer that is being
passed around from server to server I am wondering if I can just parse the
buffer directly or do I have to write the buffer out to a file and then
parse that file?  All parsing methods that I have seen only do the parsing
from a file.  Thanks in advance for any help

-ryan koss