Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vincent Starre <th...@comcast.net> on 2005/07/25 12:08:49 UTC

"Which path does this revision deal with?"

just something I threw together to add a summary of "what path a
revision effects" to the log message. I also wanted to have the original
path show up if this revision marked the creation of a branch, but I
couldnt find any way to distinguish between files and directories in the
log -v. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated. (yeah, I know the
code is sloppy)

Added as a post-commit hook (and probably post-revprop-change hook),
this will add a line such as:
PATH: /foo/branches/bar

to the top of the log, indicating that all changes in this revision were
within the directory /foo/branches/bar.
There is nothing special about "bar" which indicates it is a branch: if
all changes were within /foo/branches/bar/graphics, that's all that
would show up. If only one file changed- /foo/branches/bar/template.c,
that is what would show up (not /foo/branches/bar)
Somebody in #svn said others might find this useful, so here you go.

The attached script is in the Public Domain. You are free to make a
movie based on it and then sue anyone who makes a similar movie.
The attached script is really ugly and could probably be easily
shortened by a whole lot, but it gets the gets the idea across.