Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Bryan Ellis <er...@apache.org> on 2020/02/10 13:51:16 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Update Cordova iOS Platform Xcode Compatibility

I would like to open the discussion and vote to *update the Cordova iOS
Xcode "Project Format" setting to Xcode 11-compatible* for the upcoming
next major release.

I have already created a PR that performs the changes but would like to get
feedback from others regarding this change in general and maybe a review.

One of the major reasons for this change is to conform with the *App Store
Submission[1]* guidelines:

Starting April, 2020, all apps submitted to the App Store will need to be
built with Xcode 11. Xcode 11 requires macOS Mojave 10.14.3 or later.

Additionally,

This change would modernize our default project template, CordovaLib, and
as well as the testing fixtures.

And also, quoted from Apple's *WWDC 2019 Video[2]*

Keeping your project file modern is a critical way to make sure that Xcode
can help you out and avoids the accumulation of issues.
First, when you're updating to a new version of Xcode, you'll be offered
the opportunity sometimes to have Xcode update the project settings and
update your project file to the latest format.

*Reference Links*
*App Store Submission*
[1] https://developer.apple.com/app-store/submissions/

*WWDC 2019 Video*
[2] https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2019/239/

Re: [PROPOSAL] Update Cordova iOS Platform Xcode Compatibility

Posted by Bryan Ellis <er...@apache.org>.
I will go ahead with the merge of the PR after a review. Thanks for the
vote and feedback on this proposal.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.