Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Christopher Ebert <CE...@pocketthis.com> on 2004/12/13 21:51:08 UTC

AttrImpl.textNode is static?

Xerces 2.6.2
AttrImpl.java
The variable textNode is static. It seems wrong for it to be -- not
thread safe for two threads manipulating attributes even on completely
separate documents (see implementation of +setValue(String) for event
listener handling code.) Shouldn't it be non-static (object rather than
class variable?)
I'm debugging something and I don't think this is the source of my
problem (I'm sure my problem is really something I'm doing wrong...) but
it alarmed me a little, since I rely on multi-threaded behaviour a lot.

Chris