Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2015/05/07 11:51:46 UTC

[DISCUSS] What about a #syncope IRC channel on freenode?

Hi,
in the last months I've been dealing with other ASF projects on IRC, and
I actually enjoyed the kind of real-time interaction you can get there.
IMO you'll always need to keep an eye on not crossing the boundary of
what needs to be communicated on mailing lists, but I've found such
experience particularly useful.

I remember that we had a similar discussion on 2012 [1] but since we've
taken no action afterwards, I am here to propose opening a #syncope
channel on Freenode, with support of our dear infra guys [2] - which
should also provide JIRA & GIT integration.

WDYT?

[1] http://markmail.org/message/koveuht6glfqi3h3
[2] https://www.apache.org/dev/asfbot.html

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] What about a #syncope IRC channel on freenode?

Posted by ilgrosso <il...@apache.org>.
Hello there!

It seems that our INFRA guys have made their magic again and the
#apache-syncope IRC channel on FreeNode is working now :-)

We need to put this information in a proper place on our site, but for the
moment please take your time to join the discussion or take a look at IRC
logs available at

http://wilderness.apache.org/channels/#logs-%23apache-syncope

See you on IRC.
Regards.

Re: [DISCUSS] What about a #syncope IRC channel on freenode?

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi all,
FYI I've requested the #apache-syncope IRC channel creation:

As you can see, I've preferred #apache-syncope over #syncope, having
seen that many other ASF projects use this naming.

Regards.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
+1.

Colm.

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Ernst Vorsteveld <
ernst.vorsteveld@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>

> On Thu, 7 May 2015 at 11:51 Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > in the last months I've been dealing with other ASF projects on IRC, and
> > I actually enjoyed the kind of real-time interaction you can get there.
> > IMO you'll always need to keep an eye on not crossing the boundary of
> > what needs to be communicated on mailing lists, but I've found such
> > experience particularly useful.
> >
> > I remember that we had a similar discussion on 2012 [1] but since we've
> > taken no action afterwards, I am here to propose opening a #syncope
> > channel on Freenode, with support of our dear infra guys [2] - which
> > should also provide JIRA & GIT integration.
> >
> > WDYT?
> >
> > [1] http://markmail.org/message/koveuht6glfqi3h3
> > [2] https://www.apache.org/dev/asfbot.html
> >
> > --
> > Francesco Chicchiriccò
> >
> > Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
> > http://www.tirasa.net/
> >
> > Involved at The Apache Software Foundation:
> > member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC
> > http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: [DISCUSS] What about a #syncope IRC channel on freenode?

Posted by Ernst Vorsteveld <er...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by andrea patricelli <an...@tirasa.net>.
Il 07/05/2015 11:51, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi,
> in the last months I've been dealing with other ASF projects on IRC,
> and I actually enjoyed the kind of real-time interaction you can get
> there.
> IMO you'll always need to keep an eye on not crossing the boundary of
> what needs to be communicated on mailing lists, but I've found such
> experience particularly useful.
>
> I remember that we had a similar discussion on 2012 [1] but since
> we've taken no action afterwards, I am here to propose opening a
> #syncope channel on Freenode, with support of our dear infra guys [2]
> - which should also provide JIRA & GIT integration.
>
> WDYT?
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/koveuht6glfqi3h3
> [2] https://www.apache.org/dev/asfbot.html

+1!