Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Willem, , MTN, , Co...@mtn.co.za on 2013/03/26 09:49:31 UTC

Create named vectors from CSV file

Hi,

I need to create named vectors form a CSV file. Can someone please assist with the best way of doing this and provide example if possible.

Currently using CDH 4 and Mahout 0.7.

Regards,
Willem Conradie

________________________________
NOTE: This e-mail message is subject to the MTN Group disclaimer see http://www.mtn.co.za/SUPPORT/LEGAL/Pages/EmailDisclaimer.aspx

RE: Create named vectors from CSV file

Posted by Willem, , MTN, , Co...@mtn.co.za.
Thanks for the reply Dan. I eventually created custom  java classes that read in the CSV, create named vectores (dense vectors) and write the ouptut using  org.apache.mahout.math.VectorWritable. The named vectors are really important for our analysis.

I would prefer to use built in Mahout classes if possible, haven't given up on CSVVectorIterator yet.

Regards,
Willem

While I'm not sure whether it was available in 0.7, there's a CSVVectorIterator class in o.a.m.utils.vectors.csv that you can probably use.
I plan on using it myself, so let me know if you have any issues.

Posted by Dan Filimon <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,