Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Apache Software Foundation <hu...@Apache.Org> on 2001/09/21 20:18:02 UTC

FW: Apache Performance Data

Acked.

----- Forwarded message from Tollie Mullins <to...@us.ibm.com> -----

From: "Tollie Mullins" <to...@us.ibm.com>
To: human-response@apache.org
Subject: Apache Performance Data
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:12:16 +0100

Dear Sirs,

I am in the process of creating a sizing utility that will recommend IBM
eServer xSeries servers that will be running the latest stable release of
the Apache 1 series webserver on Linux.

These sizing utilities allow a potential customer to input information
(such as number of expected users/ web hits/ concurrent connections etc.)
and based on the customer requirements, it recommends an IBM eServer
xSeries server that will handle the job.

I have created a sizing utility for the Zues webserver product and would
prefer to create one for Apache.
I will also be producing a sizing utility for Apache 2 when it becomes
available.

You can view some examples these sizing utilities at the following URL:
http://www.developer.ibm.com/welcome/myvc.pl?mvcid=main&packageid=999&language=en&operating_systems=Linux

The reason for this email, is that I am in need of performance data of the
latest Apache 1 series running on Linux an Intel based hardware.

I have scoured the internet, and can not fnd any numbers based on the 2.4
series Linux kernel and hoped that maybe you could provide me some initial
data so I may possibly utilize this data to create my sizing utility.

I believe this would be beneficial for us all.

Let me know if there is anything that you may need from me.

Kind regards,

Tollie

Tollie Ray Mullins II
Staff Software Engineer
Red Hat Linux Certified Engineer, RHCE
IBM Solutions Marketing Performance Center
IBM eServer xSeries
Phone: (919) 543-6351, Tie Line: 441-6351
Internet: tolliem@us.ibm.com
http://www.ibm.com/eserver/xseries

Subscribe to Linux Line today!
http://www.ibm.com/linux/linuxline