Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2011/03/04 22:52:31 UTC

[RELEASE] 0.7.3

It's only been a couple of weeks since the last release, but a rather
nasty bug (some details here[1]) has since been fixed, and it seemed
best to get that out to folks sooner rather than later.

The issue in question is well explained in the release notes[3], but the
TL;DR is that users of 0.7.1 and 0.7.2 are encouraged to upgrade to
0.7.3, and run `nodetool scrub' to address bloom filters that may have
been incorrectly generated when compacting older SSTables.

There have been a number of other fixes since 0.7.2 as well, so even if
you're running < 0.7.1, it's still worth the update[5,6].

As always, be sure to read through all of the changes[2] and release
notes[3]. Report any problems you find[4], and if you have any
questions, don't hesitate to ask.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2217
[2]: http://goo.gl/hX02M (CHANGES.txt)
[3]: http://goo.gl/HXlNH (NEWS.txt)
[4]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA
[5]: http://cassandra.apache.org/download
[6]: http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DebianPackaging

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.3

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Artifacts should be in the Maven Central Repository by now

-Stephen

Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.3

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
If I may add, people that wish to upgrade from 0.6 to 0.7 are also
strongly encouraged to go directly to 0.7.3, otherwise they would
be exposed to the bug that 0.7.3 fixes.

--
Sylvain

Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.3

Posted by Karl Hiramoto <ka...@hiramoto.org>.
just updated and after doing a "scrub"  we see exceptions.

ERROR [CompactionExecutor:1] 2011-03-07 15:46:53,811
AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 114) Fatal exception in thread
Thread[CompactionExecutor:1,1,main]
java.io.IOError: java.io.EOFException
         at
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableIdentityIterator.<init>(SSTableIdentityIterator.java:117)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableIdentityIterator.<init>(SSTableIdentityIterator.java:67)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableScanner$KeyScanningIterator.next(SSTableScanner.java:179)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableScanner$KeyScanningIterator.next(SSTableScanner.java:144)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableScanner.next(SSTableScanner.java:136)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableScanner.next(SSTableScanner.java:39)
         at
org.apache.commons.collections.iterators.CollatingIterator.set(CollatingIterator.java:284)
         at
org.apache.commons.collections.iterators.CollatingIterator.least(CollatingIterator.java:326)
         at
org.apache.commons.collections.iterators.CollatingIterator.next(CollatingIterator.java:230)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.utils.ReducingIterator.computeNext(ReducingIterator.java:68)
         at
com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(AbstractIterator.java:136)
         at
com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(AbstractIterator.java:131)
         at
org.apache.commons.collections.iterators.FilterIterator.setNextObject(FilterIterator.java:183)
         at
org.apache.commons.collections.iterators.FilterIterator.hasNext(FilterIterator.java:94)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CompactionManager.doCompaction(CompactionManager.java:449)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CompactionManager$1.call(CompactionManager.java:124)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.db.CompactionManager$1.call(CompactionManager.java:94)
         at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
         at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
         at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
         at
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.IndexHelper.skipIndex(IndexHelper.java:65)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.SSTableIdentityIterator.<init>(SSTableIdentityIterator.java:109)
         ... 21 more
ERROR [HintedHandoff:1] 2011-03-07 15:47:16,369
DebuggableThreadPoolExecutor.java (line 103) Error in ThreadPoolExecutor
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not reach
schema agreement with /10.224.4.12 in 60000ms
         at
org.apache.cassandra.utils.WrappedRunnable.run(WrappedRunnable.java:34)
         at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
         at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not reach schema agreement
with /10.224.4.12 in 60000ms
         at
org.apache.cassandra.db.HintedHandOffManager.waitForSchemaAgreement(HintedHandOffManager.java:274)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.db.HintedHandOffManager.deliverHintsToEndpoint(HintedHandOffManager.java:285)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.db.HintedHandOffManager.access$100(HintedHandOffManager.java:88)
         at org.apac