Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de> on 2003/03/17 22:06:24 UTC

Re: Newsletter draft - please review

>* Some initial work done on HPSF writing support. [7]

I think the changes are not worth mentioning them. People might
expect writing capabilities in the next days. I won't be able to
work on HPSF until at least April 5th. And my priorities after
that day depend largely on funding. (Hint, hint!)

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

Re: Newsletter draft - please review

Posted by Rainer Klute <ra...@gmx.de>.
> At the present rate of growth of POI based business to SuperLink, its
> likely I'll have an HPSF project for you in the near future provided
> writing works.

Okay, point taken. I'll raise priority.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

--
Rainer Klute      klute@rainer-klute.de

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Rainer Klute wrote:

>>* Some initial work done on HPSF writing support. [7]
>>

>I think the changes are not worth mentioning them. People might
>expect writing capabilities in the next days. I won't be able to
>work on HPSF until at least April 5th. And my priorities after
>that day depend largely on funding. (Hint, hint!)

Quite frankly I think the funding issue will be dependant upon writing
(chicken before the egg issue).

Its tough for me to land clients for something like that.  Its easy once
you can write but you can't write some particular type of property set
or they need some property-set based format ported, etc.

At the present rate of growth of POI based business to SuperLink, its
likely I'll have an HPSF project for you in the near future provided
writing works.

I could be wrong (I'm shocked and pleasently suprised that folks are
using HDF already this gives me high hopes it will be promoted soon),
but I doubt it.  My intuition is pretty good about such things (and note
we haven't landed an HDF project yet).

-Andy

Re: Newsletter draft - please review

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
Okay... I will remove that... thanks Rainer.

Glen