Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Janis Langins <j....@utoronto.ca> on 2013/04/03 03:42:04 UTC

Resetting User Profile

As a computer illiterate, I painfully tried to follow Hagar's
suggestion to reset the user profile (I have Windows XP) and got into
Folder Options and then File Types where there were a lot of
OpenOffice.org 1.1  Configuration Files, each with a different
extension, usually of the form S** or X**.  No sign of anything
saying Path.  Should these be deleted?  If so, which ones?
Janis Langins

Re: Resetting User Profile

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Folder options are used to make the hidden folders displayed only. No need to change anything else.
The Path information is given in the OpenOffice menu Tools>Options>OOo>Path and then check what is the full path in Documents and Settings.
Once you've that path, go to that place with your file browser (Explorer) and rename the folder /user (to /user.old for example). Make sure that OpenOffice is closed.

Please follow the tutorial and if there is something unclear, tell us.

Hagar

Re: Resetting User Profile

Posted by Robyn Jamison <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hey, All,

I hate to sound like a heretic, but I’ve recently downloaded LibreOffice and, although I’ve been using Open Office for several years, I am finding that I like LIbreOffice better.
You can open all your existing Open Office docs with it, no problem.

At this point, I still have both Open Office and LibreOffice on my computer, but if LibreOffice continues to seem superior, I’ll remove Open Office.

Robyn