Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manjunath BHat <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2001/07/14 18:14:04 UTC

Thread Pool Exception ! Urgent

Hi,

I have encountered following exception while running tomcat.
**********
2001-07-14 09:30:18 - ThreadPool: Unexpected exception -
sjava.lang.InterruptedEx
ception
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:420)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java
:480)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
***********

What may be the cause for the Exception. I am running Tomcat with IIS4.0 on
WinNT

In <tomcat-home>/conf/tomcat.properties following lines .

# Thread Pool parameters
#########################

# Enables or disables the use of the thread pool.
# Syntax: pool=[true|false] (boolean)
# Default: false
# WARNING: the pool has not been extensively tested and may generate
deadlocks.
# For this reason, we advise against using this code in production
environments.
pool=false

# Indicates the number of idle threads that the pool may contain.
# Syntax: pool.capacity=(int)>0
# Default: 10
# NOTE: depending on your system load, this number should be low for
contantly
# loaded servers and should be increased depending on load bursts.
pool.capacity=10

Should I change value for parameter "pool" to "true"???
What should be the optimum value for "pool.capacity" for the production
environment???

Thanks in advance

Manjunath