Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "Babu, Natakam" <Na...@ipc.com> on 2007/02/24 00:23:21 UTC

upgrade issues

I am very much new to Apache products, my current project uses Apache
Http Server 1.3, I am in the process of migrating these project modules
to use 2.0 version of the server.

I have replaced the 1.3 headers with the 2.0 headers with-in my project
code base. Now when I build my project it throws the following errors, I
tried to search on the net and specifically on the apache website, but I
did not get any thing significant and hence I am writing to this mailing
list:

appsvrinfo.cpp

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
66) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires template
argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
74) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires template
argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
82) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires template
argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
90) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires template
argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
106) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires
template argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
110) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires
template argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
117) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires
template argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
121) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires
template argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
129) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires
template argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
133) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires
template argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
144) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires
template argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
148) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires
template argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
156) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires
template argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(
160) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires
template argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_pools.h(188)
: error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires template
argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_pools.h(209)
: error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires template
argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_buckets.h(95
1) : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires template
argument list

        c:\program files\microsoft visual
studio\vc98\include\xmemory(72) : see declaration of 'allocator'

There are some 70+ errors with the same above para repeated for other
source files in my code base. Let me know how to fix this.

--sarath.

DISCLAIMER:
Important Notice *************************************************
This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail.E-mail messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient. If you are not comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may decide not to use e-mail to communicate with IPC. IPC reserves the right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.

Re: upgrade issues

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Babu, Natakam wrote:
> I am very much new to Apache products, my current project uses Apache
> Http Server 1.3, I am in the process of migrating these project modules
> to use 2.0 version of the server.
>
> I have replaced the 1.3 headers with the 2.0 headers with-in my project
> code base. Now when I build my project it throws the following errors, I
> tried to search on the net and specifically on the apache website, but I
> did not get any thing significant and hence I am writing to this mailing
> list:
>
> c:\temp\tradecentral\3rd-party\apache\httpd-api\include\apr_allocator.h(66)
> : error C2955: 'allocator' : use of class template requires template
> argument list

what exact version of apr/httpd and your compiler?  If these declarations
in apr_pools.h are buried  in the namespace "C" then this shouldn't happen,
but maybe VC 6 had some issues with this, or maybe the namespace was overlooked
in the earlier apr source.  Does switching the order of includes headers help?