Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Pilgrim, Peter" <pe...@csfb.com> on 2004/10/28 11:54:10 UTC

[OT] BOF V / Coffee Shop / Starbucks / Oxford Street / Monday 8 Nov 2004 19:00

Ok

I am setting a preliminary date for BOF V for Monday 8th November 2004
@ 19:30. This will take place at the Starbucks Coffee shop on
New Oxford Street. Anyway it is 150 yards from the
Tottenham Court Road tube. The shop
stays open until to 10PM Monday-Thursdays.

StarBucks
New Oxford Street WC1
112/116 New Oxford Street
London, England  WC1A 1HH

http://starbucks.co.uk/en-GB/_Our+Stores/_Store+Locator/StoreLocatorMap.htm?a=1&StoreKey=25147&IC_O=51.5159402487287%3a-0.135845058773215%3a32%3aOxford+St&GAD1_O=&GAD2_O=Oxford+St&GAD3_O=London+W1D+1&GAD4_O=United+Kingdom&Radius=5&CountryID=242&DataSource=MapPoint.EU&DistanceUnit=Kilometer

Or here

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=529894&Y=181411&A=Y&Z=1

I am doing this because there was no agenda at the last BOF.
Some of the feedback I have had so far includes a wishlist
to discuss other open source projects. e.g. Jakarta Commons / Using
MySQL / Postgres SQL / Setting up Validator.
So obviously this style is a little bit more formal
and discussive than the other BOFs.

So let's talk for a hour about about "Design Patterns and Practical
User Experiences" for BOF V. ( Hint: obviously the
"Chain of Responsibility" and its implementation in Commons Chain /
Struts Chain are quite relevant here.)

Those of you who want slip off the pub for a tipple afterwards
can do so, because the "The Moon Underwater" is a 5 minutes walk
around the corner, from Tottenham Court Road tube,
down Charing Cross Road.

++++++++++++++++

I am still in the process of organising BOF VI for Xmas /
December preliminary date for that one is either
[ ] Monday 6th December
[ ] Friday 10th December

The venue is either going to be a
[ ] Pub
[ ] Restaurant (any suggestions Pizzaland, Wagamamas in Leicester Square)

I wont try agenda-rise the Xmas BOF because of the spirit and
festivities that are going to take place by then, but if any one
has a hot topic that they really want to discuss then
you know who to call ...

++++++++++++++++

mtia

--
Peter Pilgrim
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse First Boston,

RE: [OT] BOF V / Coffee Shop / Starbucks / Oxford Street / Monday 8 Nov 2004 19:00

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
Hi guys,
	Apologize..can't make it... and don't wanna force 'whole group'
to make it on a Friday...
I will however appreciate if someone can posts the content of the
discussion..

With best regards
	marco