Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2007/06/04 19:22:52 UTC

Problems with the stage-plugin on Windows

Hi

I've tried to get the maven-stage-plugin working. Currently the
-DrepositoryId parameter is not working, which is not a fault of the
plugin itself. That problem seems to stem from WagonManager in
maven-artifact-manager or beyond. Anyway I couldn't find the root of the
problem.

Now I need this to work because my local Windows user name is not the
same as my ASF user name. So I decided to sidestep this and added a
stage.username parameter to the plugin. I had to modify an interface to
squeeze it in, so I have not committed anything of this.

With that in place I had a go at moving the staged release on the
maven-one-plugin 2.1. It didn't go that well unfortunately, because the
zip-file is created on Windows and apparently contains backslashes in
the paths, see error message below. But if I manually unzip the file on
people.a.o it unzips nicely, although it displays the same warning. That
being said, the files have been unzipped by the plugin, but it's only
halfway finished leaving a bunch of .rip files in the there. And the
metadata has not been merged. I'm going to remove the stray files for now.

This was just a heads up, in case anyone else tried to go down this road...

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error copying repository from
http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/staging-repository-one-plugin/ to
scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository

Embedded error: Exit code: 1 - warning:
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/staging-plugin-2.1.zip
appears to use backslashes as path separators

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Problems with the stage-plugin on Windows

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
We need to decide what to do about the wagon dependency before we can
release it. Currently the plugin depends on wagon 1.0-rc1-SNAPSHOT. I
don't follow wagon development so I don't know how far off an rc1
release is.

It would be nice if the repositoryId parameter could pick up the
username and password from settings.xml. I had a look at the wagon svn
logs and found a couple of commits from kenney a couple of days ago.
They looked like they could fix this but apparently not :(

I can help with the documentation as well.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 9 Jun 07, at 5:56 AM 9 Jun 07, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Sure. I think I've found out why the process stopped after the
> files had been unzipped on the server. It turns out that we are
> using OS-dependent file separators in the rename script. Here's
> what that script looks like for the maven-one-plugin release that I
> tried earlier:
>
> mv org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-metadata.xml.md5.rip org\apache
> \maven\plugins\maven-metadata.xml.md5
> mv org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-metadata.xml.rip org\apache\maven
> \plugins\maven-metadata.xml
> mv org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-metadata.xml.sha1.rip org\apache
> \maven\plugins\maven-metadata.xml.sha1
> mv org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-one-plugin\maven-
> metadata.xml.md5.rip org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-one-plugin
> \maven-metadata.xml.md5
> mv org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-one-plugin\maven-metadata.xml.rip
> org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-one-plugin\maven-metadata.xml
> mv org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-one-plugin\maven-
> metadata.xml.sha1.rip org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-one-plugin
> \maven-metadata.xml.sha1
>
> So we need to do
>   StringUtils.replace( s, "\\", "/" );
> in two places in DefaultRepositoryCopier.scanDirectory(...) where
> we are using file.getAbsolutePath(). I'll try to patch and verify
> this.

Great thanks, I also wanted to see if settings were being picked up.
They should be running under Maven as the WagonManager is grabbed in
the core and injected with values using the resolveParameters method
(yes, descriptive name) in DefaultMaven in 2.0.x and the embedder in
2.1.x.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.