Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "PARLEY,THUNDER (HP-MountainView,ex1)" <th...@hp.com> on 2003/09/19 23:45:24 UTC

jws deployment from war

Hi All,

My *.jws deployments work fine when I use my IDE on the PC to deploy them in
a WAR package. However on my UX system, I cannot access them from the
browser on my PC, I get a NullPointer Exception in catalina.out.

I drop the WAR in /tmp and use the admin servlet of Tomcat 4.1.12 to deploy
the WAR to http://myserver:8081/axis which extracts only the WEB-INF folder
and happyaxis_jsp.java and happyaxis_jsp.class to the folder
$TOMCAT_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/axis

happyaxis.jsp is fine.

I even tried extracting manually from the jar to
$TOMCAT_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/axis the entire WEB-INF folder, which
of course contains the jws *.class files and extracting the *.jws files to
$TOMCAT_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/axis

So my question is where is the problem? Is it my deployment method, a tomcat
setting, axis setting, etc?

Thanks!

Thunder