Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/15 11:27:18 UTC

[Building Error] fatal error: unicode/ucol.h: No such file or directory

Hi,

When I am building couchdb I'm getting the below error. Any suggestions?
max@max-VirtualBox ~/test/couchDB/couchdb $ make
==> b64url (compile)
==> cassim (compile)
==> lager (compile)
==> couch_log (compile)
==> config (compile)
==> chttpd (compile)
==> couch (compile)
Compiling
/home/max/test/couchDB/couchdb/src/couch/priv/icu_driver/couch_icu_driver.c
/home/max/test/couchDB/couchdb/src/couch/priv/icu_driver/couch_icu_driver.c:27:26:
fatal error: unicode/ucol.h: No such file or directory
 #include "unicode/ucol.h"

--
Cheers,
Madhuka Udantha

Re: [Building Error] fatal error: unicode/ucol.h: No such file or directory

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexander,

Yes the problem was really missing icu. I fixed it. The real problem was
that when I was installing Spidermonkey I found that it didn't support
64bit. Therefore I used a 32bit gcc. And when I was proceeding with the
rest of the installation (make) I was in the same 32bit environment.
It said about the missing icu library but it was shown on the cache.

max@max-VirtualBox ~/test/couchDB/couchdb $ apt-cache search
libicuicu-devtools - Development utilities for International Components for
Unicode
libicu-dev - Development files for International Components for Unicode
libicu52 - International Components for Unicode
libicu52-dbg - International Components for Unicode
libicu4j-4.4-java - Library for Unicode support and internalisation
libicu4j-java - Library for Unicode support and internationalization

Later on I swapped to gcc 64bit and it worked fine for me. And I was able
to build CouchDB from Source (developer-preview/2.0/).

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Udantha.

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.