Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu> on 2000/05/10 21:44:52 UTC

Xalan and StylesheetRoot class

Can anyone explain this error message that xalan is giving me?

	XSL Error: Cannot use a DTMLiaison for a input DOM node... pass a
	org.apache.xalan.xpath.xdom.XercesLiaison instead!

I am trying to create a StylesheetRoot object from a file, save that
object in a hash and later pass it an XSLTInputSource ( which starts as a
DOM tree ), and XSLTResultTarget for processing.  The message occurs
along with an XSLProcessorException.

Of course I looked at XercesLiason, but that doesn't seem apropriate.
Additionally, can some one explain after I make the StylesheetRoot
via

	XSLTProcessor processor = XSLTProcessorFactory
		.getProcessor();

	StylesheetRoot stylesheet = processor.processStylesheet( fileName  );

	// Is there something more I need to do before this?
	Hash.put ( some_key, stylesheet );

what I still need to do with the XSLTProcessor.  If I want to use the
StylesheetRoot object later ( e.g., another method ) do I need to do
something that isn't immediately obvious to it or the XSLTProcessor?

-matt

Re: Xalan and StylesheetRoot class

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
Did you upgrade to Xerces-1.0.4?

The Xalan people extend a class that the Xerces people rearchitected.
While this is a problem that is being worked on, if you use Xerces-1.0.3
the problem should go away.