Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by nn kk <in...@abv.bg> on 2013/08/18 13:28:32 UTC

How to add dinamic content

 Hi all,
I want to be able to create and insert component dynamicly. For example, I want to have "add button" and by every click to add whole new tapestry page or component. I don't know how many addings will I have, I want this to be handeled dynamicly. It's like using spring to return ModelAndView object by ajax request and inserting it in some UI container.

Re: How to add dinamic content

Posted by Martin Kersten <ma...@gmail.com>.
So to be clear you want to do something like this:

Page: Button A <- User clicks
Page: SomeComponents
          Button A <- User clicks
Page: Some components
          Some more components
          ButtonA

etc.
So what you want is not adding pages but components
This can be done using Zones. This is a basic concept of Tapestry.

Take a look here:
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/
Check out the EventLink (former ActionLink)
Then all you do is to replace the innerhtml of a existing component with
new components.
Check out Ajax EventLink and Zone without yellow highlight etc. The whole
Ajax XXX sections
should held the answer you seek.

Cheers,

Martin (Kersten),