Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Jonathan Joseph <jo...@jbjnet.com> on 2002/08/28 02:02:29 UTC

Xalan on AIX Core Dumps due to Illegal Instruction

I am trying to run the AIX Xalan binary executable that came with the
Xalan-C_1_3-aix.tar.gz download and am getting the following error:

   Illegal instruction(coredump)

I believe I am running on AIX 4.3, based on uname -v yielding 4, uname -r yielding 3.
I believe my  LIBPATH is properly set.  because, setting LIBPATH to nothing, causes a message stating that the xalan library module can't be loaded.

Notes:
-SAXCount runs just fine, so the xerces 1.6 part of the download seems to work fine.
-I have used the Linux and Solaris binaries of Xalan without any problem.
-Visual Age is not installed.   Rather, gcc 2.95.3 is installed. In my attempt to build xerces/xalan, I've only been able to compile the xerces modules so far. (I have been having link problems).

What other information would be helpful for solving this problem?  What do I need to try out next? What am I doing wrong (am I missing an environment setting)?

Thanks for your help,
Jonathan

Re: Xalan on AIX Core Dumps due to Illegal Instruction

Posted by Jonathan Joseph <jo...@jbjnet.com>.
I just ran the AIX binary executable version of Xalan successfully on
another AIX box.

Now, I need to find out what the difference is between running on the 2 aix
boxes.  They are bot

Note:
1) uname -a : aix box where Xalan runs successfully:
 AIX esearch 3 4 00230044C000
2) uname -a : aix box where Xalan core dumps:
 AIX sandbox 3 4 000CC40D4C00

I plan to investigate both the machine/global aspects vs my login
environments.

Jonathan