Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by hilz <hs...@hotmail.com> on 2006/05/29 06:33:33 UTC

html manuals

Hi all.
I am trying to use the "Derby Reference Manual", HTML book, and the
links inside it do not work. When clicking on any of the items in the
table of content at the top of the file, nothing happens. I expect it to
take me to that section.

I tried it in both Firefox and I.E.
Is this a known issue?
Is there a solution?

Re: html manuals

Posted by John Embretsen <Jo...@Sun.COM>.
hilz wrote:

> Hi all.
> I am trying to use the "Derby Reference Manual", HTML book, and the
> links inside it do not work. When clicking on any of the items in the
> table of content at the top of the file, nothing happens. I expect it to
> take me to that section.
>
> I tried it in both Firefox and I.E.
> Is this a known issue?

Yes, this is a known issue, see DERBY-753:

> Is there a solution?

No simple solution that I know of. If you are looking at fixing the
issue once and for all, the discussion at
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewTopic.jtp?topic=1193141&tview=dump
may be of interest (explains to some degree why it has not been fixed
yet). Volunteers are always appreciated :)

The work-around I recommend is using the "HTML Pages" manuals instead,
since the links there work. Others may have found other solutions...

--
John