Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/08 09:56:35 UTC

[Ext-CDI] additional project name

hi @ all,

we have collected some ideas [1] for a cdi extensions module for jsf
applications.

the next version of seam will provide portable cdi extensions as well.
since the extensions are portable i hope both projects will be compatible.
so they aren't competitors. anyway, i think people will start to compare
them.
so it would be nice to have a fancy project name.

it's more or less clear that we will use ext-cdi internally (jira
module,...).
however, ext-cdi might sound a bit strange for some users.

there are some name suggestions in the wiki - 2 examples:
#1 CODI (pronounced like the name)
#2 CoJack

it would be nice to hear your opinions about an additional name as well as
about the mentioned examples.
(for sure) you are welcome to add further name and/or feature suggestions to
the wiki.

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Extensions/CDI/DevDoc/Drafts

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [Ext-CDI] additional project name

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
CDI-Glue

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 on CODI.

JODI sounds nice, but I think it sounds too much like JodaTime.

Regards,
Jan-Kees

Posted by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>.
+1 for CODI