Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Rinku <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/19 11:54:29 UTC

Problem Running from Continuum

Hi,

I am following the note on the "Getting Started" page on Continuum website to get it running, but not sure what I am doing wrong.

<quote>
 After you have downloaded and unpacked the bundle execute bin/plexus.sh if you are on a UNIX platform or bin/plexus.bat ..\conf\plexus.xml if you are using Windows.
</quote>

The environment on my box is :
- Windows XP
- jdk 1.5.0 update 4
- latest continuum snapshot built and assembled
- m2 alpha 3

The JVM exits with a default help message (not much help what is going wrong).

I am wondering if anyone has managed to get it running on windows. Appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Rahul

Re: Problem Running from Continuum

Posted by Rinku <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,

This still doesn't works by  executing bin\win32\run.bat. Following is the
output I get on running this.

<snip>
D:\continuum-src\continuum-plexus-application\target\plexus-test-runtime>bin\win32\run.bat
conf\plexus.xml
wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 1    | java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Main
jvm 1    | Exception in thread "main"
wrapper  | JVM exited while loading the application.
wrapper  | CTRL-C trapped.  Shutting down.
wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped
</snip>

Also, I noticed - for svn checkout and build on linux, I am able to run
Continuum by executing:

<continuum
source>/continuum-plexus-application/target/plexus-test-runtime/bin/plexus.sh

Cheers,

Rahul

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
It's an error in docs.