Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daxin Zuo <dz...@techexcel.com> on 2004/09/30 20:31:02 UTC

TOMCAT, run Servlet on UNIX

 My computer is UNIX, Sparc. I use Tomcat version 5.0.28, path=""
docBase="www",
 Apache 2.0.43. I can run the same JSP files from both TOMCAT and Apache
with DB connection pool for Oracle.
But I have difficult in Servlet. I cannot run servlet from Tomcat.

In webapps/www/WEB-INF/web.xml, I registered the Servlet:
  <servlet>
         <servlet-name>ServletTest</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>ServletTest</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ServletTest</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/ServletTest</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

 the class is in www/WEB-INF/classes, no package, compiled on UNIX with
JDK1.4.2. the class file mode is 777

in tomcat/conf/web.xml, I have:
	<servlet>
	<servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>

with http://myComputer:8080/ServletTest, I get error:
        The request resource (/ServletTest) is not available.

I found the contents bellow in the tomcat/conf/web.xml:
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

I configureed a Tomcat the same why on windows 2000, it runs Servlet well,
but the docBase="ROOT".

Please forward instruction.
Thanks a lot.