Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ingo Bruell <ib...@gmx.de> on 2002/04/04 00:03:49 UTC

Re[2]: include tag

Hi Struts,

DS>         <jsp:include page="includes/logo.jsp" flush="true"/>
DS>         It's a working example.

if i only include for example a complete table it works. But if i
divide the page into header, menu, main and footer with a table that
starts in header.jsp and ends in footer.jsp i get:

--- snip ---
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: End of content reached while more parsing required: tag nesting error?
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.popFile(JspReader.java:293)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.hasMoreInput(JspReader.java:337)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1109)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1103)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Tag.accept(Parser.java:892)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1145)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1103)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1099)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:213)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:210)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:552)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:177)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:189)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:190)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1012)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
--- snap ---

so long

Ingo Bruell

---
<ib...@gmx.de>
<In...@epost.de>
<ICQ# 40377720>
Oldenburg    PGP-Fingerprint: CB01 AE12 B359 87C4 BF1C  953C 8FE7 C648 169E E5FC
Germany      PGP-Public-Key available at pgpkeys.mit.edu

Re: DynaActionForm / DynaBean

Posted by Chuck Cavaness <ch...@attbi.com>.
I doubt this will be enough, but I'll offer it up to get you started.
Suppose I have the following form-bean:

<form-beans>
   <form-bean
       name="itemDetailForm"
       dynamic="true"
       type="org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm">
         <form-property name="view"
type="com.oreilly.struts.catalog.view.ItemView"/>
   </form-bean>
</form-beans>

I have specified that the form will hold an object of type
"com.oreilly.struts.catalog.view.ItemView", using a name of "view".

Further supposed that I have a GetItemDetailAction that has this execute
method:

  public ActionForward executeAction(ActionMapping  mapping,
                                      ActionForm     form,
                                      HttpServletRequest request,
                                      HttpServletResponse response,
                                      UserContainer  userContainer) throws
BaseException {
     String itemId = request.getParameter( IConstants.ID_KEY );
     ICatalogController catalogController =
userContainer.getCatalogController();

     // Get a value object representing the item from the business tier
     ItemView itemView = catalogController.getItemView(itemId);

     // Set the ItemView into the Dynamic Action Form
     ((DynaActionForm)form).set("view", itemView);

     // The parameter name 'view' is what is defined in the Dynamic form
     // in struts-config. Maybe should use a constant there too?

     // Return to the success resource for this action
     return mapping.findForward(IConstants.SUCCESS_KEY);
}

Now, in the JSP page that the user is forwarded to, they can use all of the
Struts tags to get at the ItemView data inside of the dynamic form. I won't
show the JSP page, it's too long. Here's a couple of lines from it:

     <bean:write name="itemDetailForm" property="view.name"/>

         page="/action/cart?method=addItem"
         paramId="id"
         paramName="itemDetailForm"
         paramProperty="view.id"
         paramId="id"
         paramScope="request">

Notice that view.name would be translated into getView().getName() like a
standard ActionForm.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Chuck

bean message and name property (1.0.2)

Posted by Ivan Siviero <iv...@concept.it>.
Hi.

I have downloaded the latest struts stable version (1.0.2 ) and noticed the
<bean:message> tag misses the attributes 'name' and 'property' which allow
to get a message from ApplicationResources when the key is specified in a
bean property.
i.e.:
 with strust 1.0 i was able to do the following

 <bean:message name="myBean" property="prop"/>

how can i get the same result with struts 1.0.2 ?
I'd like to avoid downloading the nightly  builds.

thanks
Ivan.

Re: Re[2]: include tag

Posted by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net>.

    Ingo> Hi Struts,
    DS> <jsp:include page="includes/logo.jsp" flush="true"/>
    DS> It's a working example.

    Ingo> if i only include for example a complete table it works. But if i
    Ingo> divide the page into header, menu, main and footer with a table that
    Ingo> starts in header.jsp and ends in footer.jsp i get:

    Ingo> --- snip ---
    Ingo> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: End of content reached while more parsing required: tag nesting error?

Each of your pages, whether they're included from somewhere else or not, all
have to be "well-formed", which among other things, means that a starting tag
has to have an ending tag, in the same file.  This is basically what that error
message is telling you.

You'll need to consider a structure where your table element begins and ends in
the same file, but the pieces of the table are what you include.  In addition,
all of the included pieces also have to be "well-formed".

Re[2]: include tag

Posted by Ingo Bruell <ib...@gmx.de>.
Hi Struts,

CD>   You can't open a tag in a jsp, and close it in another. Both the start and the end of the tag should be in the same
CD> page.
CD>   In a table example, you can have <table>include header, include body, include footer</table>, and in included files
CD> : <tr> ... </tr>.
CD>   Also, have you consider using Tiles to divide your pages and insert sub-pages ?
is it available for struts 1.0.x ? or when not does the actual beta of
struts works stable ?

so long

Ingo Bruell

---
Germany      PGP-Public-Key available at pgpkeys.mit.edu

Re: include tag

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  You can't open a tag in a jsp, and close it in another. Both the start and the end of the tag should be in the same
page.
  In a table example, you can have <table>include header, include body, include footer</table>, and in included files
  Also, have you consider using Tiles to divide your pages and insert sub-pages ?

    Cedric

DynaActionForm / DynaBean